Xtreme Fighters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Xtreme Fighters

XF clan of Street Fighter Online (SFO)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ryu vs Ken

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
(X-F)KoC
Admin
(X-F)KoC

Male Number of posts : 337
Were do you live : Singapore
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Ryu vs Ken Empty
PostSubject: Ryu vs Ken   Ryu vs Ken Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 12:36 pm

From the creator of "Wolverine vs Cyclops", I now bring you Ryu vs Ken.

Ryu vs Ken Ryuvsken

Ryu Hiyabusa versus Ken Masters

While Ryu and Ken follow the same martial arts discipline, as the Street Fighter series evolved, the differences between the two characters was portrayed by their attacks: Ryu focused on technique while Ken opted for stylish unpredictability.

Ryu's normal attacks are slightly slower than Ken's, albeit straightforward. His special moves are more focused; Ryu inflicts damage with individual strikes rather than combinations. His Shoryuken does only one hit, so Ryu can effectively use this move at full power against airborne opponents. Ryu can dodge projectiles at the start of his Shoryuken maneuver and knocks an opponent down with one hit.

Ryu focuses more on the Hadou principle of Goutetsu-style Ansatsuken, which translates to him being very skilled with his usage of ki - Ryu has the most concentrated Hadouken amongst all "non-lethal" Goutetsu-style Asatsuken users, and only the "lethal style" Goutetsu-style Ansatsuken user, Akuma, can match and/or surpass Ryu's Hadouken in both gauge and concentrate in certain instances. Ryu is the only student of Gouken's style of Goutetsu-style Ansatsuken capable of using the Shakunetsu Hadouken with the greatest of care—ensuring that the surge still burns bright with flames, but won't result in immolation.

Ken mainly focuses on the Shoryuken move, to the point where his Shoryukens set the opponent on fire. Ken's Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku does not allow him to dodge projectiles at the start of the spin, but spins faster, allows him to hit his opponent up to five times. Ken's Hadouken attacks are less concentrated than Ryu's, but Ken's Shoryuken has more range and does more damage than Ryu's.

(from Wikipedia)

I doubt you read all that. Very Happy

So who do you pick? Ken? Or Ryu?

Personally, I go with Akuma. [check avatar] shooooshhhhhh...... Very Happy

But forced between these 2, I say Ryu as I feel more resonance with him as he's an Asian. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetfighteronline.com
(X-F)Prothon
Elite Fighter
Elite Fighter
(X-F)Prothon

Male Number of posts : 113
Were do you live : Amsterdam
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Ryu vs Ken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryu vs Ken   Ryu vs Ken Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:52 pm

I say Ryu cuz he's less glitchy and he's my most played char.
Back to top Go down

Ryu vs Ken
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme Fighters :: Street Fighter Online (SFO) :: SFO Discussion-
Jump to: